What is Injection Molding?
- Injection Molding is a molding method wherein a molten resin is injected at high pressure into the cavity of a mold.
- The injected resin is then cooled to solidify and finally ejected from the mold.
- The shape of the mold cavity is the negative of the shape of the desired product.
HIPF Course Description
After successfully completing this course, the Trainees will have acquired knowledge and skills relating to the basic injection molding machine controls, the safety features, the clamping unit, the injection unit, the power unit, the mold structures and the process of injection molding
Basic Theory of Injection Molding
Introduction to Injection Molding; History of Injection Molding Machine; Safety at Workshop; Injection Molding Machine –Introduction; Basic Knowledge of Mold; Materials for Injection Molding
Machine Safety Devices and Workshop Safety
Safety at Workshop; Safety Devices for Injection Molding Machine; Safety Devices of Auxiliary Equipment; KYT Method
Basic Theory of Injection Molding Machine
Injection Unit; Clamping Unit; Hydraulic Circuit of Injection Molding Machine; Injection Molding Machine Operation; Injection Molding Machine Maintenance
Basic Machine Startup and Shutdown Operations
Standard Procedures for Startup and Shutdown of Injection Molding Machines
Basic Structure of Injection Molds
Basic Structure of Mold; Types of Gates & Ejectors; Hot Runner Molds; Mold Maintenance
Setting Condition, Producing, and Sampling / Materials
Organization of Factories; Startup for Mass Production; Understanding of Product Specification; PE/PP; PS/ABS
Machine Control, Machine Movement , Mold Setup & Recycling
Selogica Control Panel; Machine Movements; Mold Setup; Recycling
Parameters, Molding Defects and Coloring
Typical Defective Items; Molding Parameters; Switch Over Position; Coloring
Trouble Shooting, Molding Area, Dimension and New Techniques
Typical Trouble Shooting Techniques; Molding Area (Process Window); Understanding the Dimensions of Injection Molded Parts; New Techniques in Injection Molding
Secondary Finishing, Theoretical Background and Auxiliary Equipment
Gate Cutting, Flash Trimming; Clamping Force Calculation, Machine and Mold Compatibility; Crusher, Hot Air Oven and Mold Temperature Controller.
- Practical Training in Injection Molding Workshop
- Basic Machine Startup and Shutdown Operations
- Injection Molding Machine Parameter Setting
- Machine Operation (Startup/ Mass Production / Shutdown) for PE
- Dismantling and Assembly of Mold
- Machine Operation (Startup/ Mass Production / Shutdown) for PP, PS, ABS
- Materials Change-over
- Trouble Shooting